6.06.2010

Jett's Dedication

My dear friend Cherie snapped these photos and had a blog post up about a month ago for Jett's Dedication. I'm finally getting around to it, but had to share photos of this amazing day! On May 16, our pastor and friend Jerrod Rumley dedicated Jett to the Lord in front of our family, friends and church. It was a beautiful experience...to publicly pray over our son and ask others to help us in teaching Jett about Jesus. Our prayer and desire is that Jett loves the Lord at an early age and seeks to follow and serve Him. And praise God we have amazing family and friends who will also show God's love to Jett. We are laughing in this photo because Jett is making his signature "oooooo" sound to Jerrod.



Jett loves his Poppy (Great Grandpa)
.
My Mom taught me about the Lord and is still a example of God's selfless love and sacrifice. I want to be that kind of Mommy.

After the dedication we headed to our house for a celebration. This is the largest group I've ever entertained. Let's be honest, I never have more than four people over! It intimidates me to feed large (more than 4!) groups of people....and we had 60+ guests! With the help of my Mom, Mommy-in-law and friends it was an amazing brunch. All of our guests could not fit in our lil' house. Thank goodness my husband is a master gardener and we have a beautiful "park" backyard that can fit many tables . We borrowed shade umbrellas from everyone (really, we went to 7 homes to pick them up!) and rented tables.
Jett loved having everyone in his backyard.



I set up a play area for the kids. My heart was filled with joy as I watched them run through the backyard and play together. Soon Jett will be running behind them!







No comments: