This is a bit heavy for my typical once a month blog posting but it is wonderful news...
I am humbly amazed by God's provision for our family. His hand has been patiently guiding us from the early days of what is now the Alfaro family. Meeting, dating, marriage, conceiving a child...how gracious He is. During maternity leave Josh and I decided we could make it financially if I worked 3 days a week but my employer was unable to accommodate a part time schedule. News that I had to work full time brought so many feelings of worry and fear...how will I manage everything, who will watch Jett, how will I stand being away from him everyday? My dear friend Cherie always says "God knows Meg, God knows. Don't worry." It sounds so simple but it is so profoundly true! God knew the desires of my heart to be home with Jett as much as possible and God knew how He would provide. I worked for one month full time but Josh and I continued to look and pray for a part time opportunity. I quickly got discouraged as realized this is NOT the time in our economy to look for a job, especially a part-time job! Another thing I learned in the part-time job hunt, part time = entry level = low pay. I prayed for a job that would provide just what we needed financially and allow me to stay how two days a week with Josh. A friend shared with me an opening at her work for an Admin Assistant, fast forward and I now have a new job at California Oncology! There are so many blessed details but the big news is I now work three days a week, Jett does not have to go to daycare (thank you Grandma and Besta!) and I have two extra days to be Jett's Mommy. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life-pushing pause on a career I loved at Children's Hospital- but I know I will not regret it.
On my days off Jett and I like to take walks
And PLAY!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment