8.28.2011

Boys: 2 Girls: 0


I've neglected to share on our blog that Baby II is a BOY! Our kid count, Boys: 2 , Girls: 0. Is this the final count? Only God knows :). Josh and I always thought we would have two girls. Little Jett came in to our lives and we realized boys are awesome! I occasionally mourn the absence of hair bows, dance class and playing house (I LOVE to play house!) but I really enjoy my all boy world and I dream about the fun we will have with two little boys.

Our dear friends the Scalzos are pregnant just one week ahead of us with their 3rd child. They currently have two girls. We happened to have our 20 week ultrasounds on the same day at the same time! We decided to make a fun day of it and meet for brunch and movie following the ultrasounds. I printed "it's a BOY" and "it's a GIRL" signs for each of us to hold up to share the news. The Scalzos found out girl #3 was on the way. I will just enjoy their hair bows and dance classes :) .



Today I am 27 weeks.  It has gone by so quickly and I'm worried I haven't enjoyed and appreciated each week, each milestone. I have this adorable, busy toddler that has my attention and energy. But then I bend down to pick up a train and my belly blocks my reach or we are on a walk and little brother gives me a couple of karate kicks to remind me he is also part of this journey. I'm grateful to feel the baby move. It encourages me to pause and say "hello little buddy, I'm so glad you are growing strong in Mommy".  It is nice to not be worried or consumed with baby books, nursing guides, baby preparation. We are enjoying these final months as a family of three. Now in month 9 I'm sure I  will be worried about newborn life and how did I ever feed every three hours...where are my burp cloths and the baby seat thing...where will this little guy sleep???



2 comments:

Spencers said...

Yay Alfaro's! Can't wait to meet the little guy. :)

Tracy Reid said...

Congratulations!!! You look beautiful :)